The European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health (ESC) was founded on December 26, 1988 in Paris, France.
The aims of the Society are as follows:
- To provide information on contraception and reproductive health care in the countries of Europe and to improve access to it.
- The harmonisation of the legal situation in this field in the countries of Europe.
- To promote availability of all established methods of contraception in these countries.
- To commission and carry out epidemiological and sociological studies and other types of research on contraception and reproductive health care in the countries of Europe.
- To co-operate with appropriate organisations and institutions sharing the Society's aims throughout the world, in particular to share knowledge and experience of contraception.